|Craft brewers made|
13,235,917 barrels of beer
last year, which means publicans
poured plenty of pints!
- Boston Beer leads the list of Top 50 U.S. Craft Brewing Companies.*
- California leads the states with 11 breweries in the Top 50; Going up the West Coast, Oregon has four, and surprisingly, Washington has none.
- Colorado outranks Oregon with six breweries.
- No Portland brewery is in the Top 50, but Widmer, as part of the Craft Brew Alliance merger with Red Hook and Kona, is #9 in the Top 50 Overall U.S. Brewing Companies.
#2 Sierra Nevada (Chico)
#6 Lagunitas (Petaluma)
#10 Stone (Escondido)
#20 Firestone Walker (Paso Robles)
#21 Anchor (San Fransisco)
#34 Bear Republic (Cloverdale)
#38 Lost Coast (Eureka)
#39 Karl Srauss (San Diego)
#40 BJ's Chicago Pizza & Brewery (San Diego)
#42 North Coast (Fort Bragg)
#46 Ballast Point (San Diego)
#5 Deschutes (Bend)
#22 Rogue Ales (Newport)
#24 Full Sail (Hood River)
#31 Ninkasi (Eugene)
- Craft brewers sold an estimated 13,235,917 barrels of beer in 2012, up from 11,467,337 in 2011.
- Growth of the craft brewing industry in 2012 was 15% by volume and 17% by dollars.
- Craft brewers provide an estimated 108,440 jobs in the U.S., including serving staff in brewpubs.
* The Brewers Association defines a craft brewery as one with an annual production of beer less than six million barrels.